Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hitman Four: Blood Money (PS2)

Hyde here to write the first "Hyde Dominant" game review. Yay. Let's get started.

Hitman Four: Blood Money is obviously the fourth game in the main Hitman series, and in my opinion one of the best. That might be be because when it first game out I was astounded by all the new weapons I could kill people with and all the pretty disguises.

When it comes to the planning of the missions and all the targets......Eidos (I almost typed GladDOS) you did a great job. Seriously. I remember some of the main problems in the old Hitman games is that I found the missions to be plain after a while. Not Blood Money though. Every new mission I found myself devising a new game-plan and using all my epic killing-tools to the full use.

I also have to credit the humor/dark irony of the game. You could plan and assassinate by knocking down overly-large tablepieces, dressing as a clown and crashing an innocent six-year-old's birthday party, going in a large bird costume and have a nice chat with a police officers when a bomb goes off, and so on. You could also square-dance. Which is always fun. The more irony sign of it is that you could totally disturb the peace in a small coffee shop by putting poison in his drink.  WHICH IS FUN AS WELL.

Something I terribly hated is the damn camera angles. I always had a strand of futile hope that it'll get better, than Eidos fails. It fails hard. You could easily get screwed over in active combat when the camera decides that it will be freakin' awesome to look towards the pixel-ated grass. BECAUSE GRASS IS AWESOME. And you can tell I still have some left over agnst from those angles.

Most of the problems have to deal with the active combat. Most of the times in active combat, they didn't have nearly as much time-consuming reloading time, and they also had very unrealistic actions. "Oh hai, for some reason I keep a two foot shotgun in my pocket. Also, it doesn't matter if objects are in my way. I CAN SHOOT YOU ANYWAYS." It's very facepalming, as well as annoying. You can always get past it is you are a true gamer though, so my problems are minute.

The soundtrack really isn't important because most of it is as cheesy as a James Bond movies. 'Spect for the opening. That's jus' overplayed and too gospel. The graphics were okay. They did a great job at creating backrounds but, my opinion on that is bias 'cuz I have mai sparkly PS3 graphics. And mai sparkly PS3 graphics are great. Whist my non-sparkly PS2 ones are not. So, I'm going to drop this one.

Overall, Blood Money is great. It's a bit short, but great. I would tell Eidos to work on their issues, but they got bankrupt and bought by Square Soft. (Don't try to correct the name. Don't. Try.)  So, I'm confident that Square Soft is going to try to make Hitman an RPG where 47 has some kind of personal strife involving his insane Mother.  They will also frame 47 as a guy who really does deep down have a heart of gold and a will to overcome. Hitman's story line isn't really there, but it's the type of game that would be too much with a story line. So it's works. HUZZAH.

So, I bestow Hitman Four: Blood Money a 8.5/10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment