Monday, January 17, 2011

Quick Review: Fallout 3 (X360)


HEY, IT'S MANGA. :D So, while your girlfriend and/or boyfriend decided to break up with you through text message, I decided to have some fun and play Fallout 3. Be warned: this game will scare the shit out of you...literally. Seriously. I change underwear at least once while playing this game.

When I started playing this game, I had a feeling that there would be similarities to Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I mean, they were made by the same company. You start off as a baby, but oddly enough, since you pick how you'll look in your adult years, you won't look shit like your parents. The game takes place in a post-apocalyptic America that was nuked by Japan. (or at least I hope it was Japan that nuked 'em.) America is now named The Capital Wasteland. It's filled with mercenaries, whores, robots, zombies, basically anything you can think of. Except for a method of getting money...oh yeah, you don't get money, you get...bottle caps. Ya' know, the little things ontop of a classic Coke bottle. :P

I picked this game up since it's a shooter, and I love role-playing games. The shooting engine it runs on is pretty basic. There's a feature called V.A.T.S that lets you pick any (well, almost) part of the body to shoot. And the good part is, it plays the shot in slow motion. Bad thing is, it's hard to do it from a far distance, and some of the shit you encounter in the Wasteland makes you wanna stay away...

Fallout 3 is a bit too realistic, every time I play it, I find myself looking in the sky for a bomb. In all honesty, this game should be on every store shelf. It's preparing us for the apocalypse. XD ...nah, not really. We don't have laser guns and downloadable content. The decisions you make in the game affect your karma, basically a good and bad thing. People treat you different ways depending on your karma. Also, if you do play this game, blow up Megaton. Don't ask, just do it. 

Fallout 3 - 8.5/10
Graphics: 9.5/10
Sound: 7/10
Plot: 10/10 (side-quests, main story, and the DLC was amazing. :P)
Gameplay: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment